Wondering how to cut waffle fries with a knife? You’re in the right place! Deceptively tricky to prepare without the right tools, waffle fries are a firm favorite of food-lovers around the world. On this page, we’ll cover a slew of options for turning the humble potato into a criss-cross sensation!
Below we explore how to cut waffle fries by hand with both a knife and with some specialist tools that could prove useful.
How Most People Cut Waffle FriesCheck Latest Price
When preparing waffle fries, most people use a crinkle cutter like this one or a mandolin. The ridged edges of this kind of tool leave the perfect shape in your fries. To cut waffle fries using this method, follow these steps:
- Make a cut into a freshly peeled potato using your crinkle cutter or mandolin.
- Rotate the potato 90 degrees.
- Make another cut using your crinkle cutter.
- Repeat until you have enough waffle fries!
How to Cut Waffle Fries With a Knife
So, how do you cut waffle fries with a knife? We list four options below that may help!
The Chopsticks Method
This chopsticks method for cutting waffle fries with a knife is super effective. You’ll be using chopsticks to prevent your blade from fully cutting through your potato. Follow these basic steps:
- Cut your potato(es) into even slices.
- Take one slice and ‘wedge’ it between two chopsticks.
- Make cuts along your potato slice leaving your desired space between each cut.
- Rotate your potato slice 90 degrees.
- Make another series of cuts along your potato slice.
- You’ve now cut your own waffle fry using a knife!
The Ridged Cheese Knife Method
You might already have a ridged cheese knife like this one lying around the kitchen. If so, this can be used to prepare waffle fries in a pinch. Follow these basic steps:
- Make your first cut into a freshly peeled potato.
- Rotate your potato 90 degrees.
- Repeat this process until you’ve cut enough waffle fries.
The Waffle Blade Method
If you’re a waffle-fry fanatic, you might want to consider picking up a product like this waffle blade knife. This is a great way to cut waffle fries with a knife that is a bit more specialized.Check Latest Price
The built-in wavy ridges on tools like these make the perfect waffle fry shape in potatoes. They can also be used on a wide variety of veggies to make healthy eating more appealing for your kids or the picky eaters in your life.
There are no special steps required with this knife – just slice away!
The Waffle Iron Method
This last method is a little unconventional but it’s an easy way to get a form of “waffle fries” if you don’t have any specialist tools lying around. You’ll be using a waffle iron to cook grated potato to perfection. Follow these basic steps:
- Peel and grate some russet potatoes.
- Squeeze out any excess moisture using a clean kitchen towel.
- Mix your grated potato with some melted butter.
- Add this butter-potato mixture to your waffle iron and cook until golden-brown.
- Voila! You have your own perfect waffle-iron waffle fries.
How to Cut Waffle Fries Without a Mandolin – Conclusion
We hope you’ve found our suggestions on this page helpful. As you can see, there’s more than one way to waffle a fry! If you only enjoy this kind of fry occasionally, our advice is to stick with the chopstick method to avoid filling your kitchen with unnecessary gadgets.
If you’re crazy about waffle fries and eat them all the time, you might like to try one of the specialist products we recommended in this article:
Post Your Thoughts